The Maxfield Family
Established April 24, 2004

Friday, July 18, 2008

Doughnut Recipe

I had a lot of people asking for the doughnut recipe. First I need to make sure all credit goes to my friend Valerie for this recipe.
1 16.3 oz tube of Pillsbury Original Grands Homestyle BIG Biscuits (Not the Flakey or buttermilk kind)
Oil for frying
Toppings
Sprinkles
Sugar and Cinnamon
Sugar Glaze (milk & powdered sugar)
Cut a hole in the center of each biscuit with a pop bottle cap or whatever you can find that will cut a small hole in the center. Place biscuits in a fryer for about 2 minutes then turn them and cook 2 more minutes. Remove from fryer and let cool and then add your toppings.
I had my fryer set at about 375 degrees.
I didn't have a fryer to use so I just used a skillet and it still worked well. Just make sure you have enough oil in there. I didn't put enough oil in on the first batch and when I flipped them I noticed the section around the middle didn't get cooked. This recipe is super easy and they turned out really good. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow, that IS an easy recipe! We'll definetly be trying this one. Thanks.

Holly said...

YEAH!! Thanks Melissa (and Valerie!) I can't wait to try it out!! :)

Valencia said...

Hi, Melissa. I found your blog through a link on Erika's and wow, I can't believe how grown-up McKinley has gotten. It was so fun getting to know you during Jack and Erika's wedding weekend last year. I hope to see you all again and I'm glad things are going well. Congrats on your news about the new baby on the way - that's wonderful!!! Have a great week.