The Maxfield Family
Established April 24, 2004

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Uncle Spener came to Visit

My brother Spencer came out to visit for a week and a half. It has been really nice having him out here because I'm really close to my brother, and I love spending time with him. Brett had a conference in Minneapolis for a week, so my brother came out to spend time with me while he was gone. Me and McKinley tried to show him some of the fun things out her in Michigan.

The morning before Brett flew out we all went bowling. This was McKinley's first time bowling and she loved it. She loved it so much that we ended up getting another lane because she wasn't letting anyone else bowl. It was a lot of fun!

We took Spencer to a bunch of the outlet malls out here. One of the malls had a Bass Pro Shop in it and it had a huge fish tank. We visit this store everytime we go to the mall because McKinley loves looking at all of the big fish. The main reason this picture is being posted is because my mom said I never post pictures of myself. So here it is Mom. :)


We spent an afternoon at the Lake. I've always known that McKinley likes to play in the sand, but I had no idea Spencer did too. He spent quite a bit of time building a sand castle. It came complete with a guest house and its only little lake. He didn't even freak out when McKinley kept trying to help him by dumping sand on it. What a good Uncle!



McKinley enjoyed spending the afternoon at the Lake with her Uncle Spencer. He took her for rides around the lake on his back and then he showed her how to bury yourself in the sand. She loved it! She is so lucky to have such great Uncles. It has been so nice to spend time with my brother. The only thing that would have made it better, is if Brett was here too. I really hate it when we are apart. He is my rock. He not only keeps me sane, but he makes me happier than I can ever remember being. I have the best husband in the world, and I am counting down the hours until he gets home tomorrow. Stay posted because on Monday we are going to have some baby news, as long as the babies legs aren't crossed.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Quick story about Spencer-Just this morning Riley was fussy and I couldn't figure out what she wanted.
Mason: "I think she wants Speener."
Me: "Who??"
Mason: "Speener, daddy's brother."
Me: "Do you mean Spencer?"
Mason: "Well, that's what daddy calls him."
It was pretty funny and gave us all a good laugh. Riley sure loves her Uncle Spencer too.

C.B. said...

Your brother looks like he had so much fun with you guys! That was nice of him to come and keep you company!

Jack and Erika said...

Jack and I are dying to know the baby news! We were just talking about y'all last night! We finally got the internet hooked up at the apartment, so I'm going to be on here a little more often! We love y'all, hope everything's going well!

Maren said...

What a blessing when family comes to visit! I can't wait for tomorrow. We'll be keeping our eyes on your blog for your news.