The Maxfield Family
Established April 24, 2004

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Crafts and Play Dates


I wouldn't consider myself to be a crafty person. I love to do crafts, but I'm not one of those people who are just naturally crafty (ex.Valerie & Kelly). However, I don't let that stop me. This past week I decided I wanted to make some cute pictures to hang in McKinley's new bedroom. She has a really cute bedroom right now that has flowers on the walls and clouds on the ceiling, but when the baby comes it is going to be the nursery. So I've been trying to think of things I can make for her new room so that it is just as cute. I used scrapbook paper to decorate these picture mats so that they matched her comforter. I've never really made anything like this before, but I think they will look cute in her room.

The other craft I made this week was a recipe clipboard. I saw the idea on this really cool blog my friend told me about. I was really excited to make this clipboard because it is something that will help me get my meals more organized. The top paper has a week calender so you can plan out your meals for the week. Then next to it is a shopping list so you can make sure you have the ingredients that you need. I love anything that helps me get more organized.

This week has been alot of fun for me and McKinley. We had some kind of play group or party every day this week. We have 3 new families that moved into our neighborhood, and they also go to church with us. All 3 of these families have little girls McKinley's age. There are 7 little girls in our neighborhood that are McKinley's age and so we are planning on have play groups about once a week. McKinley loved having them over to play at her house this week. Every Wednesday I watch 2 little girls McKinleys age named Sammy and Sierra. They are her best friends and she talks about them all week long. They love playing dress-ups together. When they came over this past week we went out back and made grass skirts for them out of the reeds.

On Friday night we had the neighbors and some of the other people from our neighborhood over for pizza and games. It was alot of fun. We have really enjoyed getting to know the new neighbors, they are really nice and alot of fun. Tonight we had a primary party at the church for the primary leaders, teachers and their families. We had a good time. I really enjoy spending time with the people I work with in primary. They are wonderful ladies and great friends. I'm really excited because on Monday me and a bunch of my friends are going to the huge outlet mall by our house for its big Labor Day sale. We are going to leave our kids home with their dads and go shopping. I can't wait! :) I hope everyone has a fantastic Labor Day weekend.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How cute! Those pictures are adorable :) And the recipe clipboard is a great idea. How fun to have so many neighbors and friends!

Jessica said...

Melissa, the pictures you made for her room are so cute! What a great idea! It's so fun to have little friends your kids can play with. Sometimes I think it's easier to have kids over than not just to entertain my kid.

valerie said...

Cute crafts!! The recipe clipboard is such a great idea!! The pictures you decorated look awesome too. Perfect for a little girl. Also thanks for planning the shopping trip. It is always fun to hang out with the girls and leave the kiddos at home.

Ashlie n Jonathan said...

ok, send me an email...I am not seeing your email address for an invite. ;) NICE clipboard! You are so amazing AND crafty...you see it, you can do it.