The Maxfield Family
Established April 24, 2004

Monday, August 18, 2008

Baby Ultrasound- It's a...

Today we had our 21 week check-up. We also had the ultrasound that tells us if we will be buying pink or blue. This ultrasound is also the one that checks for problems. The baby looked really good, except for its kidneys. The doctor said its kidneys are in the 90th percentile. We are going to have another ultrasound next month to check on the kidneys. The doctor said at that point we'll know if we need to worry or not. Hopefully, its just that the babies kidneys are growing a little faster than normal and not that it has a blockage. We took McKinley with us to the appointment and she was able to see the baby on the tv. She looked excited and confused at the same time.
Now we'll answer the question on everybodies mind.


I think we all would have been surprised if it was a boy considering my families record. We are really excited. McKinley will enjoy having a sister to play with. When we found out that we were having a girl we told McKinley that she was going to get a baby sister. After the ultrasound we met with the doctor and as soon as he walked in the room she told him she was having a sister.:)We got some ultrasound pictures of the baby that I will post as soon as I can figure out how to do it.

9 comments:

Kelly said...

Yeah, that's so exciting! Love the picture of McKinley. Ya, I think we all would have been floored if it was a boy. It's really fun having two of the same back to back. They'll grow up being best friends!

Jack and Erika said...

That is so exciting! Jack said he's "going to be an aunt again!" We are so happy for y'all! And thanks for the compliment about my hair, it's definitely a lot easier to manage in the heat down here! We love reading your blog!

C.B. said...

congrats melis! I'm excited for you guys!

Unknown said...

Congratulaions! I love having 2 of the same close together! I hope all goes well with her kidneys! :)

Holly said...

SOOO excited for you guys! Girls are SOO much fun! :)

Jessica said...

How fun! Part of me hopes Ella can have a baby sister and another part is wishing for a boy. Only 2 more weeks and we will know. Congrats!!

valerie said...

Congratulations Melissa. That is so exciting. Yeah for girls!!!

Jack and Erika said...

Thank you so much for that sweet comment, Melissa! It made me feel really great, I'm so blessed to have married into such a wonderful and supportive family! We only wish we saw more of y'all, but we're proud of y'all and it seems like Michigan is a really good fit! Maybe when things settle down a little we can come out for a visit!

Maren said...

CONGRATULATIONS! We are so excited for you. What a wonderful gift you are giving McKinley...a sister.