The Maxfield Family
Established April 24, 2004
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Annabelle Jo
We had decided that with this baby the name was going to be kept a secret until we had it. This way we could prevent name stealing, which my family does, and unwanted negative opinions about the chosen name! : ) However, we decided that regardless of what anyone else thinks we really like the name Annabelle. The only thing we aren't quite certain about is the spelling. If anyone has any cute ideas on how to spell it let us know. So far this is our favorite spelling of the name. Her middle name is after Brett's mother. We decided before we had kids that we wanted to name them after someone important to us. We think its nice to have a name that will remind them of someone who is special to us. McKinley's middle name was after my grandma. Brett and I became really close to her before she died, and we decided that we wanted to name one of our girls after her. We have been calling the baby Annabelle since we found out it was a girl, but McKinley calls her "Annababy". It's really cute. : )
Today at church McKinley was very entertaining. During the middle of the sacrament McKinley kneeled up on the seat and started flexing her muscles. She said "I strong". The funny part was the way she was flexing her muscles. She was doing the flex where you straighten out your arms in front of you to flex your triceps. I have no idea where she learned this new trick, but it was really cute. We had a really hard time not laughing at her in the middle of sacrament. This kid is so entertaining. We really never know what to expect from her. She keeps us laughing. : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Love the name!! The spelling is perfect, I can't think of another way it would look better. I know what you mean about worrying about name stealing. It happens. I'm glad you shared, it's no fun to keep that a secret when you're excited about it. So...are you gonna call her Anna or Belle for short?
I think Annabelle is way cute...that is how I would spell it!
We really like the name. It's beautiful! I'm with Kelly though, is she going to be an Anna or a Belle? Or are you going to be those stingy parents who make us say her whole name :)! Love you guys and miss you soooo much!
Kids are so funny! Your wall hangings are really cute too. How did your shopping trip turn out?
I LOVE it! So cute! I didn't know you had a blog....I saw it on Maren's. =)Then we chatted yesterday...I will send you an invite to ours. ;) SO sorry about the cat. Poooor McKinley. What a trooper. Your blog is so cute!
Post a Comment