The Maxfield Family
Established April 24, 2004

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

"CAT"astrophe


Yesterday we went to our friends house for a BBQ. They have 2 girls McKinley's age that she loves to play with. They have a cat that visits their house. Its not their cat, its actually a wild cat, but its friendly and it catches their mice. We've been to their house many times and the girls will always pet the cat. It has always made me nervous to have McKinley touch that cat because I knew it was a wild cat. So I would always watch her really close. Yesterday she was following the cat around and apparently invaded its space, because the cat scratched her across the face. I was really upset at myself after it happened because I've always been uncomfortable with her being around that cat. I'm just really relieved that the cat scratch missed her eye, because she has scratch marks on either side of her eye. Poor little kid looks like she got in a fight. On Sunday night we were at some other friends house for a BBQ and she got hit in the head by a pop bottle. On of the little kids was down on the grass and decided to throw a 2 liter pop bottle up onto the porch. McKinley just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. The bottle hit her right in the middle of the forehead. Now she has this red bump in the middle of her head and scratch marks down the side of her face. Poor little kid. She has been really tough about it though. After the cat scratched her we cleaned her scratch and put medicine on it. McKinley ran outside and wanted to play with the cat again. I couldn't believe she wasn't scared of the cat, but she wasn't allowed to play with it anymore. It reminded me that even though some pets/animals are very friendly they are still aniimals, and if you invade their space they will defend themselves. We'll definately be more careful in the future.

4 comments:

Allery said...

poor girl! I hope she gets better soon!

Jack and Erika said...

Awwh, poor McKinley! We hope her little scratches are doing better! And we love the name y'all picked out! It's beautiful!!

Womack Family said...

Hey Mel!! I'm so happy that you found me. Looks like all is going well. I love all the bows that you've made. Congrats on having another cute girl. Keep in touch. Erin

Harper said...

Hi, Brett!

I just found your blog, and I have to tell you that McKinlay is beautiful! :)

I'm glad things are going well for your family, and I wish you all the best with your new baby!