The Maxfield Family
Established April 24, 2004

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Weekend Escape

We recently informed everyone that Bretts job out here fell through. When we found out we quickly listed our house with a realtor and started looking for jobs. Brett has applied for jobs all over the Northwest, but the ones we're most interested in are in Montana and Washington. He has interviews scheduled and will be flying out to visit some of these hospitals in the next month. On Monday we got a job offer from a hospital in Michigan. They made us an offer that would be very difficult to refuse, but Brett has already agreed to interview with some other hospitals, so we are going to try and keep an open mind going into those interviews. It is really nice to know we already have an offer, and its a really good one.
We listed our house a week and a half ago. The realtors came over and gave us the unfortunate news of how much we could get for our house. Before the realtors left we gutted our house of any family or religious pictures, unwanted furniture, or items they felt added clutter. Our house looks so empty now, but atleast we got a jump start on packing. They also left me a 3 page list of things to clean, fix, remove, rearrange, etc. I'd always thought I was a fairly clean person, but by the time they left I felt like the worlds biggest slob. I have been working on their list for the past week and finally yesterday we were able to have them come back to take pictures for the MLS. Its weird how taking down family pictures can make your home feel like its just a house.
The past week has been very stressful as we've been trying to get our house ready. Last Friday was our 5 year anniversary. For our anniversary we spent the weekend in Battlecreek, MI. We stayed at a hotel with a pool. McKinley loved swimming in the pool with her dad. I debated letting Annabelle get in, and I even brought her suit, but I changed my mind once we got there. The next day we went to the Binder Zoo for opening weekend. We had a lot of fun. Its not near as big as the Detroit Zoo, but its clean and has a lot of shade. It was a great weekend, and it was nice to get away from all the stress for a little while.
I can't believe Brett and I have been married for 5 years. I feel like the luckiest women in the world. Brett is such an amazing husband. He is so good to me. The past 5 years have been wonderful. I have a lot to be grateful for. I have 2 cute kids and an amazing husband. I would claim that I have the best husband in the world, but I don't know how I would prove that. So what I will say is that I have the very best husband for me. Nobody could love me and appreciate me the way he does. He makes me feel special and happy every day. In my book he is husband of the year every day. Love ya Babe!
It was such a beautiful weekend. The weather was perfect. We tried to spend as much time outside as possible.


On Sunday we were outside trying to soak up some sun. Brett and McKinley decided to see if they could bury each other in the grass. Meanwhile, Annabelle was hiding in the shade under a hat and layers of sunscreen.

Annabelle was able to discover sunshine, fresh air and grass. Usually when we are outside she is covered in her carseat. I think she enjoyed being outside, but its hard to tell by her confused expression.
I love having relaxing weekends together as a family. Especially when it's so pretty and warm outside. We'll keep you all updated on the job situation.

2 comments:

Kraus said...

has it really been 5 years? where does time go? Good luck selling your house & with the job hunt!We miss you guys :)

C.B. said...

Wow 5 years have flown! I hope you find the job of your dreams.