The Maxfield Family
Established April 24, 2004

Monday, May 4, 2009

My Baby is Growing Up


Annabelle is now 4 months old. Where does the time go? I can't believe how much she has grown and changed. She is such a sweet baby and so easy going. Its been nice having a baby that is willing to be set down every once in awhile. However, she started thinking she was getting ignored and developed this screech. She doesn't do it very often, but if she starts feeling neglected she will let us all know.
She is such a smart baby. When you look at her you can tell she is figuring things out. She's been grabbing toys for a month now, and of course everything she gets ahold of goes right in her mouth.

She has discovered her feet and I am always amazed at how she can get both of them in her mouth at the same time. Yes, she got my big mouth, but the talent of sticking her foot in her mouth... well, that she gets from her daddy! :)
Annabelle is so strong and has been holding her head up since she was born. She sits up so well that we recently moved her into the big kid tub.

She loves being able to take a bath with her big sister. Plus now she gets to sit up and play with toys. She use to hate bath time, but now she loves it.

We've recently introduced Annabelle to the outdoors, and we've been recieving mixed reviews from her. She's gone to the park a few times and she took her first trip to the zoo last week.
We sure love our Anna"Baby", and her big sister McKinley is crazy about her. Annabelle gets hugged and kissed all day by her big sis.

I can't wait to watch Annabelle as she continues to grow and develop. She is such a sweet baby with such a cute personality. I love to see her smile. She has the cutest little dimple that appears when she is smiling big. What a blessing she has been to our family. We love you our sweet little Annabelle.

This weekend we got McKinley's kite out. The Easter Bunny had brought her a kite and Saturday was the first nice and windy day.


McKinley wanted to use the kite tails to fly the kite, so the kite never really got very far off of the ground. We had a lot of fun and McKinley can't wait for another windy day.

Having 2 girls is so much fun. I know I may not be saying that in 14 years when they are both teenagers, but so far I have loved having little girls. I don't know what I would do with out them. Being a mother has been better than I could have ever imagined. They are so much fun!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I remember when Katelyn and Emma were that age, so fun. You've got a couple more years before the serious fights start. Cute pictures.

Ashlie n Jonathan said...

I know you have those offers out west, but I have to admit my excitement at your Michigan offer (if of course it would keep you right around the corner). ;) I feel so so bad I haven't helped you at all with anything....your list sounds crazy - I should have been helping you! I am sure they would have a BILLION things on my list! You are neat and your home is always always beautiful! Happy late anniversary! Glad you got to celebrate! If you want a date night out, give me a jingle and we are happy to babysit. McKinley is looking SO grown up, and I am in love with the first picture of "anna-baby". ;) Oh she is GORGEOUS!