The Maxfield Family
Established April 24, 2004

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Attack of The Nurse- Part 2


A few months ago I shared the story of McKinley hitting the nurse in the hospital. When I was in the hospital having Annabelle McKinley became really concerned and over-protective towards me and Annabelle. She ended up hitting one of the nurses because she thought they were hurting me. Well, we now have another nurse attack story. Last week we took Annabelle in for her 3 month check-up. Annabelle did so good while the doctor was checking her. She weighs 12lbs and 1oz and her height is 24 3/4 inches. When it came time for her immunizations I told Brett that he needed to keep McKinley busy, because I knew she would get mad if she saw what they did. I was with Annabelle while she was getting her shots. As soon as they gave her the first shot she started crying, and by the time she got her second one our concerned little McKinley was standing there watching. I picked up Annabelle and she quit crying almost immediately. When I looked over at McKinley I noticed her eyes watering and she was almost crying. I showed her that Annabelle was okay and told her that she would be fine. McKinley's look of concern instantly turned into a look of anger. We've seen this look before on occasion. It's the "I'm going to hurt someone" look. She turned around and located the nurse and then started stomping towards her with her hand up in a fist. I knew this was going to end badly and quickly got Brett's attention. Luckily, he was between McKinley and the nurse and stopped her mid-swing. The nurse turned around and smiled at McKinley. She had no idea what bullet she had just dodged.
McKinley and Annabelle love each other so much. Whenever Annabelle sees McKinley she gets so excited. McKinley always wants to hold and kiss her. I love having girls. Its been so much fun to watch them interact with each other. They are such a blessing.

No comments: