The Maxfield Family
Established April 24, 2004

Monday, October 6, 2008

My Little Helper

I have a tendency to be very uptight, and I'm a little bit of a stresser. Brett is always asking me why I don't take naps. During naps I just lay in bed thinking about everything that I'm not getting done by lying in bed. In the past I would relax by watching a little television, but there is nothing but garbage on TV anymore. Since we moved to Michigan I've discovered my inner crafter. It is what I do to un-wind and relax. Lately McKinley has become very interested in crafts too. She likes to be involved in whatever I'm doing.

A couple of weeks ago I made McKinley a craft box. I put leftover pieces of my scrapbook paper in it and some stickers. She'll sit next to me while I'm working on crafts and make her own little masterpieces. I have to keep my eye on her though, because she is always going for my scissors and my paper cutter. The other day I let her help me paint a step stool for the bathroom. She loved it. She likes to be my little helper. I can't do anything without her being right there to help me. Whether it is sweeping, mopping, dusting or folding laundry; McKinley wants to be right by my side helping.

Sometimes I have to remind myself how wonderful it is that she is such a good helper, because it definately slows me down. However, I'm really glad to have such a good helper since we are going to be getting a new addition to the family soon. I know she'll be a great help with Annabelle.

3 comments:

C.B. said...

She looks up to you so much she wants to do everything you do.that is so cute.

Jessica said...

And this is why I am glad I'm getting another girl. They are such good helpers and so smart! I just love having a 3 year old girl. How are you feeling?

Kelly said...

Enjoy it while it lasts, because it WILL wear off. Someday it will become a chore to get her to help with anything!!