The Maxfield Family
Established April 24, 2004

Monday, October 6, 2008

Traverse City

This past weekend Brett had an Anesthesia conference in Traverse City. Traverse City is a really pretty resort town that is up north. McKinley and I decided to go with him. We stayed at the coolest hotel that I've ever been to.

It was called the Great Wolf Lodge. In the foyer it had this big clock with animals around it. At night the animals would wake up and talk to you. Then one of the hotel employees would sit and read a bed time story to the kids.

The hotel was decorated like a cabin, with stuffed animals and old fashioned pictures and antiques everywhere.

All of these decorations looked really neat in the hotel, but the best part was that these decorations were all part of a game called Magicquest. I don't know if any of you have played this game before, but you get a wand and a special name and then you get to go on a quest. You point your wand at the different items/decorations in the hotel and they come alive and talk to you.

You go all over the hotel finding different items so that you can complete your quests. McKinley loved this game. However, by the last day she was walking around with her wand hidden behind her back so that she wouldn't accidentally turn on one of the scary animals.

This hotel also had a really fun waterpark in it. McKinley would swim 24/7. She is our little fish.

This waterpark had multiple water slides, a cute little splash pad, and this huge water fortress.

McKinley really liked this giant snake that was floating in one of the pools. She would sit on its head and pet it.

It was a really fun weekend and the hotel was amazing. However, I couldn't leave without making sure I did something real clutzy first. So me and McKinley took a nice fall down the hotel stairs on our way out. Apparently stairs hate me, because I fall down them a lot. Luckily, we are all fine and we didn't let it ruin our vacation.

4 comments:

Allery said...

oh man, I hope you are ok! I love Great Wolf Lodge! It wears our family out though!! Glad you had fun!

Kelly said...

Wow! That sounds like a really fun hotel. I wish they had something like that out here.

Jessica said...

Looks like a blast!

Jack and Erika said...

That hotel looks so cool! Jack and I are so excited we will be back in Idaho for yall's visit, we can't wait to see yall even though we'll miss Brett! Hope your Sunday is going well, we love yall!

-Jack and Erika