My poor husband has had some bad luck lately. A week and a half ago he got exposed to a nasty infection at the hospital and was put on 2 different, strong antibiotics. This week he was finally starting to feel better. Then on Wednesday while he was working on the nursery he shot himself in the finger with a nail gun and had to go get a tetanus shot. That evening he wasn't feeling/looking well. He was having body aches and he had a fever. The next morning he woke up covered in a rash. When he went in to the ER they told him that he was having a bad reaction to one of the antibiotics he was taking. They've taken him off all of his medications and now we are just waiting for his body to fight it off. The poor guy is so sick. His rash has gotten bad enough that you almost can't tell its a rash, because the spots are growing together. Brett was supposed to be going to Honduras on Sunday for a Medical Mission trip. He has been so excited and has already paid for the trip. The doctors have said that if he isn't completely better by Saturday then he can't go. It's not looking like Honduras is going to happen. We've decided that maybe we are getting a very loud message that Brett wasn't supposed to go to Honduras. However, we decided that McKinley and I are still going to come out to Idaho tomorrow. I hate leaving him when he is sick, but this will be our last chance to come see family for awhile and Brett has insisted that we go still.
Some good news this week is that we had another ultrasound on Wednesday and they said that the baby looks good. Her kidneys are still big, but are working well. They said everything else about her looks normal. We will continue to do ultrasounds every couple of weeks to watch her, but so far things look pretty good. :)
The Maxfield Family
Established April 24, 2004
Friday, October 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Get well soon Brett! Sorry you are sick!
Hey I found you on Holly's blog!! I have been thinking about you guys a lot. Brett, I am SOOOO sorry. You know it is because you are a nurse! Get better! Congratulations on expecting a new little one. We just had our second 6 months ago. You can check out my blog, but I am really bad at it..............keep in touch and your family is in my prayers.
I hope that you get feeling better, Brett. I am so glad the baby is well and I hope your Idaho trip goes well.
Post a Comment