The Maxfield Family
Established April 24, 2004

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Great News!

A month ago we went in for an ultrasound and we were told that our baby's kidneys were to big. They suggested we come back in a month and have them rechecked. Last week we went in and received even worse news. Not only were her kidneys to big, but her head was to small. The doctor mentioned that this was probably the sign of some type of syndrome. We didn't know if we were looking at Downs Syndrome or something much worse. The news was very hard to take. No matter what happened we knew that we would love this baby unconditionally, but its hard to hear that your baby may have a serious medical disability. Today we went in to visit a specialist and have some more tests run. They performed another ultrasound that was able to show more detail. The doctor said that she thinks our baby looks really good. Her kidneys are a little big, but they appear to be working fine. We'll continue to do ultrasounds to keep an eye on her, but the doctor thinks that she looks healthy. We are so relieved. Thank you so much for all the prayers. We have definately felt your prayers and we really appreciate all the support everyone has shown us.
The next piece of good news is that on Monday we got a new nephew. Mason Blaine Miller was born and we are all so excited. McKinley was really excited to get a new baby cousin. We got to see pictures of him today and he is really cute. Congrats Jenni and Dan on the new addition to your family.
The last piece of good news is that my new OB has given me permission to travel up until week 34. So McKinley and I are taking a trip out to Idaho on October 25th. We are really excited to come out and visit family, and we can't wait to meet our new nephew. Brett is going to be in Honduras for a week, so instead of staying here by ourselves we are going to take a trip to Idaho.
Thanks again for all the prayers and support!

8 comments:

Jessica said...

That is great news! It's so amazing what they can do and find before the baby is even born these days. I'm glad everything is looking good.

C.B. said...

I am so glad everything is looking good! I am sure that was scary!

Holly said...

Oh, I'm so glad everything turned out okay, that is a scare.

Melissa said...

I am glad everything is fine! What a relief!

Shannon Johnston said...

I am so happy for you. It's wonderful how advanced our society has become that we can be releived to know our babies are doing well.

valerie said...

That is wonderful news Melissa!!I'm glad everything looks good!!

Maren said...

HOORAY!!! What a blessing after worrying so. I can't imagine the relief.

Tobey said...

I had no idea!!!!! I am so glad every thing looks good. How fun for a trip to Idaho! Yay!