The Maxfield Family
Established April 24, 2004

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Catching up

Well, it has been awhile since I updated our blog. McKinley and I took a trip out to Idaho over Halloween, and then when I got back our computer crashed. I never realized how dependent I am on my computer until I didn't have it. We finally got our computer fixed and back to us, but unfortunately we lost all of our programs and files. The most disappointing part of the whole situation is that we lost all of our pictures. We save all of our pictures on the computer and the last time I saved them to a disc was last Christmas. All of the pictures we have taken since then are gone. I had our scrapbooks up to date through April, so atleast we have copies of some the pictures we took before April.
On a more happy note, we had a great trip out to Idaho. McKinley really enjoyed getting to spend time with her grandparents and her cousins. It was the perfect weekend for us to go out because Brett's uncle was getting married. So we were able to see a lot of Bretts family.

The last time we saw Brett's Grandma was 2yrs ago. McKinley was only 8 months old. It was really exciting to get to see her.

Brett was supposed to be in Honduras while we were in Idaho, but he was too sick to go. He got feeling better by the end of the week and his parents surprised us by flying him out for the weekend. He was only there for 2 days, but he was able to see his brothers and sisters that he hasn't seen in a year and a half. This was his first trip back since we moved. McKinley and I were really excited to have him out there with us.
While we were out there we got to see our new nephew Mason. He is adorable.

We were able to celebrate Halloween with family and with all of McKinley's cousins. My parents had a little Halloween party at there house for all the grandkids. It was a lot of fun. McKinley got a pair of vampire teeth and ran around trying to scare people the entire night.

We also played the game where you eat a doughnut off of a string. McKinley did impressively well. I was sure that she was going to just rip the dougnut off of the string, but she didn't.

On Halloween night we took McKinley to a Halloween party at my grandmas assisted living center.

While we were there I was able to get a 4 generation picture with my grandma. We were excited to get 4 generation pictures on Brett's side of the family and mine.


It was a great trip and we were excited to get to see all of our family.

4 comments:

The Karrens said...

It looks like you guys had lots of fun. I am glad that Brett is better. I love the vampire teeth. Hope everything is going well.

C.B. said...

I'm sorry Brett was sick, but that is fun that he surprised you in Idaho! I am glad you fun!

Unknown said...

What a fun trip! I am so sad about your pictures- that is one of my nightmares!

Jack and Erika said...

It was so much fun seeing y'all and we were so glad Brett was able to make it too! We're so excited for all the babies to be close together and we're definitely dying to know if it's a boy or girl! We're glad y'all got home safe.. just wish y'all could have stayed longer!