This past week I finally was able to cross off a few of the projects that I've been wanting to get done for awhile.
I went to Michaels and bought some little piggy banks. McKinley has been asking for a piggy bank for quite awhile and I decided that it would be a great idea to get her one so that she could start saving up for our trip to Disney World in November. We had a fun afternoon painting these things. McKinley painted hers all by herself, I just helped with the letter on the side. Then I painted one for Annabelle and Brett painted one for the son he is sure we are going to have next. No, I'm not pregnant, and most likely its going to be a little girl that is the proud owner of this little red piggy bank.
McKinley and I had a really fun arts and crafts afternoon on Monday. I bought a 2 dollar shower curtain from Walmart and we colored a city on it. A lot of people have these little car mats, and I've always wanted one, but haven't wanted to pay what they are asking for them. So me and McKinley made our own. It was a lot of fun and it has everything on it that we could want. We have a zoo, park, Idaho Falls temple, library, McDonalds, grandma and grandpa's house's, and even a house we pretend is ours with a horse(buck) in the pasture behind it. I had a similar car mat when I was growning up that my mom made, and I loved it. The one I made isn't beautiful, because art is not my speciality, but me and McKinley made it together with everything on it that is important to us and that makes is SUPER COOL!
I also finally finished the girls growth chart. Its kind of plain but I haven't decided how/if I want to decorate it. My creative friend Valerie gave me the idea. You hang the chart 2 feet off the floor and that way you don't have to use a 6 foot piece of wood. From the picture it looks like McKinley is almost 6ft tall...Not yet!
I've been getting the girls medical binders caught up since we are leaving. Maybe this makes me weird, but I keep ALL of my kids medical records. Any test or procedure that either of them have had done, I have the report sheet of. Any time they go in for a check-up I get a copy of the report. Working as a nurse I took care of a lot of people who could remember when/if their family member had had something done. I feel very strongly about having a record of every medical thing that happens to my kids, especially since we move. I don't want to have to try and remember where we were living when a certain procedure was done. I know this makes me even more OCD, but its comforting to know that I have all their medical records in case something happens and I need them.
Annabelle has recently started scooting herself. Its so cute to watch her slither and squirm across the floor. Its amazing how well she moves when McKinley leaves one of her toys unattended, but if I stick a toy right in front of her its like she forgot how to move herself. McKinley has recently become the worlds greatest story teller. She has all sorts of imaginary pets and friends. Its entertaining to watch her start into conversation with her imaginary pet crab or kitty. It will be nice when Annabelle gets old enough for them to have conversations with each other, but until then I'm glad she can keep herself entertained.

3 comments:
Wow Melissa you have been busy!!I love the shower curtain city. What a fun idea!! The banks look great too. I've seen them at the store and have always wanted to buy some for my kids to paint but haven't yet. Yours turned out really cute!!!
Okay, you make the rest of us moms look like a bunch of dead beats! Cute ideas!
I'm a fan of lists too! You are one awesome mommy!
Post a Comment