The Maxfield Family
Established April 24, 2004

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Good Times

Since this past weekend was going to be our last real weekend here in Michigan we decided to do something fun. When we asked McKinley what we should do, of course she wanted to go to the ZOO. So on Saturday we took a trip down to the Toledo Zoo. It was nice and it had a lot of neat animals to see. I thought it was way better than the Detroit zoo and it was only 30 min longer drive.

While we were there we took a train ride that took us out into the Africa exhibit. It was neat because we were able to see all the animals so much better.


I was amazed at the assortment of animals they had there. They had everything. It was Great!
On Monday Brett got off work early so we took a trip down to the Great Lake Mall. We had some extra carousel tickets from McKinley's Birthday, so the girls were able to ride the carousel a few times. After that we had dinner at the Rainforest Cafe. While we were at the mall we took McKinley to get her haircut. She has never had her hair cut by anyone but me.

She was very good and sat so still. After her haircut she got a balloon, sucker, and a little toy. I think she enjoyed it, but she was so serious about the whole experience it was hard to tell.
On Tuesday McKinley went to Nursery School Olympics. The city puts it on for all the kids ages 3-5. The do little relays and races.



Afterward they gave all the kids certificates and then we had lemonade and cookies. What a Fun afternoon!
For over a month I have been researching cameras. We have 2 digital cameras, but both of them are having problems. I have no intentions of being a professional photographer, but I really want to be able to take nice pictures of my kids/family. After weeks of reading reviews on different cameras and comparing prices, I finally found the camera I wanted. The camera came in the mail today and I'm soooo excited. I got a Canon Rebel. Yes, Christmas came early for me this year, but I really wanted a nice camera before our trip to Disney World in November. On Friday we are all going to San Diego for a week. So I will have a lot of opportunities to use my new camera. YEAH!!!!
Some more exciting news is that we finally found a house in Montana. Originally we were going to buy, but decided that renting was a better idea since we still have a house in Michigan and we have some student loans to pay off. The market in Montana is doing really well...too well. We have been looking for a rental for over a month and hadn't had any luck. Every house we looked at also had 5 other people who wanted it. Finally, we recieved a call last night saying that we were chosen to rent someones house. Its a nice house in a really nice neighborhood. McKinley will be going to the best school in the city, and the best part is WE HAVE A FENCED YARD! We are really excited. I was about an inch away from a nervous breakdown, so I'm grateful we found somewhere to live before that happened.
Well, we are off to San Diego first thing Friday morning. Hopefully, next time I post on my blog it will be full of beautiful pictures. that I have taken of my adorable kids, with my brand new camera. :) Hope everyone is enjoying their summer.

2 comments:

Kraus said...

Yay! Im glad you found a camera that you liked. &
I approve of your choice :)
Congrats on the house!

MegEddins said...

Congrats to Brett on his graduation. Montana has some neat places to explore. My mom just got a Rebel camera and likes it so far, hope it works for you. Good luck to you and your cute little family.