We spent the week of the 4th of July in Idaho with our family this year. Since we moved to Michigan this is my 5th trip out to Idaho with the girls, but this is the first time that Brett has been able to fly out with us. It was really nice being able to take a trip out together as a family. Unfortunately we weren't able to spend very much time out there, so we had to try and stretch the little bit of time we had. It will be nice to live close enough that we can visit more often.
We flew into the SLC airport and then spent the first day of our vacation with Bretts sister Jennive. We took the kids to the hogle zoo and we all had a lot of fun, even though it was over ninety degrees out side.
I love the Hogle Zoo. Its the perfect size, it has plenty of shade, and its nice and clean. They've added a carousel since the last time we visited and I made the mistake of pointing it out to McKinley as we were walking past...yep, I'm that smart. So we ended up letting the kids ride the carousel before we left.
We had a fun day with the Miller family. Thanks for letting us stay at your house!
We spent the next day of our vacation with our family taking family pictures, riding horses, and playing games. McKinley was so excited about riding real horses that we even brought her cowboy hat with us all the way from Michigan.
McKinley had so much fun petting the baby horses and then getting the big horses ready to ride. I was worried that she would be too scared to actually get on one of the horses, but she wasn't... SHE LOVED IT!
It was interesting that after all the horseback riding it wasn't McKinley who asked to take one of the horses home with her, it was actually Brett that we had to drag away with the promises of "Someday we'll get you a horse".
On Friday we were able to spend some time with the Maxfield family. We took some pictures in the morning. Unfortunately, none of the ones I took turned out very well.
It sure is hard to get so many kids all looking the same direction. We had a fun day with the Maxfields and we were even able to go swimming at Green Canyon with them. That evening we did fireworks and ate Taco Time, YUMMY!
I was really excited to go to the 4th of July parade in Idaho Falls this year. It was one of the things that I look forward to the very most each year. We had a big family BBQ in the afternoon and then we headed home that evening.
Overall it was a great trip. Hopefully next time we won't have to cram so much into one trip. While we were visiting we were able to meet our new neice and nephew. They are both absolutely adorable. We wish we could have stayed for Landons blessing. Thanks Bradshaw and Maxfield family for making this a wonderful 4th of July. We are so excited to be moving closer to all of you.
On a side note, if there is any out there who has a camera that they absolutely love and would recommend or even a camera that they hate and warn against; please let me know. I'm hinting/strongly suggesting to Brett that we need a new camera because the 2 we have aren't working well. I'm looking for one with atleast 8mp, that takes quick pictures even when kids are moving, and one thats not huge. Brett refuses to carry around a giant camera... and yes he probably would be the one carrying it. Thanks for any suggestions. I hope everyone had a great 4th of July.

3 comments:
Cute pictures Melissa!! I love the matching dresses on your girls. Annabelle is getting so big too!! We miss your sweet family!!!
I adore Mckinley's hat. Darling.
I wish I could help you out with camera's but the one I love is a giant, and I am sure you wouldn't want to carry it around.
I do love most Nikon's though.
It was so fun to see you all! It will be so great when you guys are closer. Riley was asking for "Kinley" the other day. Pretty cute.
Post a Comment