The Maxfield Family
Established April 24, 2004

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Washington Trip

We spent this past weekend in Washington. One of the hospitals there was interviewing Brett for a job and they told him that the whole family could come. For anyone who knows me very well, as you might guess I was really excited. I love Washington! My favorite place to go for an escape/vacation is Seattle. I was so excited to spend the weekend as a family in my favorite place.
Brett was interviewing for a job in a city called Centralia, but we were staying in Olympia which is about 25 minutes away. I've decided that Olympia is the most beautiful city. I couldn't get over how pretty and clean it was.
While we were in Washington we were able to do some fun things together as a family. The hotel had a pool, so of course we spent some time in there. This was Annabelle's first time in a pool, but I don't know if it counts because only her feet got wet. We also went and visited a really neat childrens museum. It's like the Flint childrens museum on steroids. McKinley loved it! I'm sure she could have spent hours there. After that we went to the Point Defiance Zoo. This is my all time favorite zoo. It was really fun zoo with a lot of shade and it was really clean. (You might be noticing a pattern here- I like things to be clean) The zoo also has an aquarium in it, which is really neat. They have a really fun kids play area in the zoo that has fun toys and even has a little splash pad. We have a zoo pass that we got in Idaho and it got us into this zoo for free, which makes it even better.

The trip was so much fun. I really enjoyed getting to spend the weekend as a family. The girls did so well, especially on the plane. They are becoming quite the flyers since we moved away. This was McKinley's 9th flight and Annabelles 2nd... Yeah, they are really racking up the frequent flyer miles. This was the first time in the past 2 years that I wasn't flying alone with the kids, and it was great.
As of right now we haven't made any decision about which job we are going to take. We have 2 really good options, one in Washington and one in Montana. Both will put us closer to family, which we are all excited about.

4 comments:

Ashlie n Jonathan said...

Oh I am so happy for you!!! It sounds like a WONDERFUL trip!!!! I am going to peek at the pics in a minute and I am sure I am going to love everyone. I think you have the cutest girls! All of those places you went to sound incredible!!! And the Flint museum on steroids?? It must have been SUPER DUPER. I am sure McKinley was very happy! =) Glad you are back safe, and THANKS for the YUMMMMMMY ice cream! You really didn't have to do that! thanks for keeping me posted via your blog, since I am THE lamest visiting teacher ever. I think about you so much....if not daily, especially when I drive past your house. I have no excuse. Have a good one!

C.B. said...

i forgot about the Point Defiance Zoo. Did you go visit Vashon while you were there? Fun times!

Micaela said...

You don't know me, but I checked your blog because I was POSITIVE that you were related to my friend Mandy Maxfield-Sittler from Grand Rapids Michigan... I still think that somehow y'all are related! :) ANYWAY!!! The reason I am sending this email is because I REALLY want to get my nursing degree but I would have to do it online. What school are you attending? My husband is also graduating with his RN in december and then soon after applying for Anesthesia school. Is your husband hoping to be a CRNA too?

Please let me know where you are getting your degree from and if you took generals online as well. If you want, my email address is micaelforcookielee@yahoo.com

Shannon Johnston said...

I am so excited you guys will hopefully be closer. I totally understand the clean thing, stains take forever to try and get out, plus you have a million more bath times x 2. Can't wait to find out where you guys decide.