The Maxfield Family
Established April 24, 2004

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Best Friends

In the past 6 weeks, since we had Annabelle, we have only left the house a few times. So McKinley has had to find things around the house to keep her entertained. Luckily, her 2 best friends are at home with her; and they would be Anna "Banana" and Hee Hee.

McKinley has loved being a big sister. She is so cute with Annabelle. The other day I was doing the dishes and McKinley was in the living room talking to Annabelle. All of a sudden I heard her run into the bathroom and she came back with the corner of a square of toilet paper. She then leaned over Annabelle and was attempting to blow Annabelles nose. Apparently Annabelle wasn't real excited about it because she kept moving her head around tring to keep her nose away from McKinley. However, McKinley is persistent. She put her hand on Annabelles head to hold it still while she then proceeded to blow her nose. Meanwhile I could hear her saying "Annabelle you silly, hold still." It was cute. What a great sister. We call McKinley our little baby monitor, because we know that if Annabelle fusses at all McKinley will track us down to tell us. She sure doesn't like it when her sister is sad.

McKinley's other best friend is her rocking horse Hee Hee. She has been very attached to this horse for awhile, but since we had Annabelle she has become Hee Hees mom. In the past few weeks she has started dressing her horse in clothes and fixing his hair. Hee Hee sleeps with her and she makes sure that he gets 3 meals a day. She wasn't very happy when I told her that he couldn't sit up at the table, so we have a special place for him on the floor next to the table so he can still eat his meals with us. I've had to keep track of Hee Hee lately because McKinley has this new idea that Hee Hee needs to be taking showers and that he needs to use the bathroom. So far I've been able to convince her not to put him in the tub or the toilet, but we'll see how long that lasts. I must say that I am very grateful for our little Hee Hee because he keeps McKinley company when I'm busy with Annabelle.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Does it ever make you feel like your going to go crazy? Ella is all over Alissa and after spending the day reminding her to be careful and stop kissing her for a minute I feel crazy. The other day I got out of the shower and could hear Alissa just crying on the bed. Ella had pulled her socks off and was washing her feet with baby wipes. OH boy!

Dan and Jen said...

Kinley is so dang cute! I'm glad she has little Anna banana to play with. Every little girl needs a sister...and I got Thomas. :(