The Maxfield Family
Established April 24, 2004

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Good, the Bad, and Church Basketball


The past month has been even more crazy than normal. We've spent a lot of time in Idaho Falls the past few months and now we can finally tell everyone why...Brett got a job at Mt View Hospital in Idaho Falls. We've really enjoyed Great Falls, Montana but the job situation isn't very stable. We're very excited about our new job, new home, and the fact that we won't spend every other weekend in the car.
About 6 weeks ago Brett tore his achilles playing church basketball. It was fun having him home but unfortunately he tore his right achilles so I've had to be the chauffer, which hasn't been as fun. He's healing quickly and can't wait to get his brace off and start therapy.

We spent Easter week in Idaho Falls. It was fun doing Easter egg hunts with our cousins. Saturday Morning we woke up to this weather...notice the snowsuits

I felt like the worlds worst mother for allowing McKinley to go to this Easter egg hunt, but it was all made worth it when she won this

We also had a really fun Easter egg hunter with our Bradshaw cousins and my cute sister-in-law made a wonderful lunch for all of us.


We spent part of the week at the condo in Island Park. McKinley loved swimming with her cousins and sledding behind the 4-wheeler.

Annabelle had fun playing with her cousin Landon and hopefully he wasn't traumatized by her aggressiveness. It only looks like she is trying to eat his face, she's actually giving kisses.

It was fun spending the holiday with family and we look forward to being able to spend more holidays with family now that we live closer.
We are getting excited about our trip to Cancun. Brett and I leave for Mexico next weekend and the girls will be staying with their grandparents. I'm sure I'll have fun once I get over the initial shock of leaving my kids, and I'm sure the girls will have a blast with Grandma and Grandpa.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Congratulations on the new job!!! I am excited for you, and your trip to Cancun! That will be WONDERFUL! I am glad you have a blog, it is fun to keep up to date with all that is going on in your life.

P.S. I remember going to Island Park with your family a couple of times. Those are some fun memories

C.B. said...

You get to move home! That is awesome!

Kelly said...

Ha ha, love the picture with Annabelle and Landon!! That's pretty funny. Cute pics!