The Maxfield Family
Established April 24, 2004

Sunday, June 13, 2010

New Home, New Job, and a FABU vacation!


Its been way to long since I posted anything, so once again I'm going to play blog catch-up.

First I'll start with our AWESOME trip to Cancun. We celebrated our 6th anniversary by taking our first "no kids" trip. I was seriously freaking out about leaving my kids home, but they had a blast with the grandparents and it was good for me and Brett to finally take a trip just the two of us. The best part of this trip was that it was all inclusive. We just laid by the pool reading books and drinking pina coladas, it was HEAVENLY!

We took some time out from all of our R&R to see some sites. Instead of going to Chitzen we went and saw the ruins at Coba. They were really neat and apparently are even bigger the Chitzen.

After Coba we went to and made pottery. The liked my pitcher so much that they put it on display.
One of the most exciting things we did on our vacation was when we went down in the shark tank. It was soooo cool, we even were able to feed them. The cage had small holes in it, and I was able to feed a shark a piece of meat right out of my hand.

Wet suits are definately not an attractive look on me.


The Aquarium had a a lot of really cool exhibits, like a shark tank where you could reach in and pet these giant nurse sharks, AWESOME!
The trip was great and we are already talking about where we are going for our next trip.
Over Memorial Day weekend we moved our family back to Idaho. We're going to miss Montana and all of the great friends we had there. Brett took a job at the hospital where he started all of his training. He's excited about working with all of the guys who had encouraged and mentored him.

We also bought a house south of Rigby and we are really excited about it. We looked at over 50 houses and just felt like this one was the best fit for us. The house is 4300 sq feet and is on an acre of land. The house is only 2 years old and looks brand new. We are so excited to make this new house our home and we love our new neighborhood and ward. I can't wait to get settled into our new house, and hopefully stay put for awhile.

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Congratulations on making it through all those changes! I think your house is adorable, and I bet you are both glad to be a little closer to your families. I am glad you are a blogger, so we can keep in touch!

C.B. said...

So jealous! I want a no kid trip! maybe someday. Your house is beautiful!

valerie said...

Melissa, your house looks so beautiful!! Congratulations!!Miss you guys!!

Holly said...

Melissa! What?! You should e-mail me and tell me where exactly in Rigby you live! {We live there too!} Plus I LOVE your swimming suits from lime ricki! I have the same one, the yellow and nave blue! LOVE them!!! Your house is beautiful! We are putting our yard in right now, so I'm a little jel of your grass! FUN!

Kelly said...

What a fun vacation! And the new house is so cute. Can't wait to see it in person!

Jessica said...

It's all great news! I didn't realize you were coming back here. We'll have to get together and let our girls play.

Harper said...

Congratulations, Brett & Melissa! It's great to have you back in Idaho. Last time I talked to Brother Maxfield, he told me you were hoping to be back near Rexburg. Your new house is beautiful! Congrats!