The Maxfield Family
Established April 24, 2004

Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy Halloween


When I was a little kid I loved dressing up and going trick-or-treating, mainly because I loved all the candy. Now as a mom I think I love Halloween even more. I get so excited dressing up the girls and taking them to Halloween parties. This year we had another wonderful Halloween, and like always we have WAY to much candy in our house now.
On Thursday McKinley had a Halloween party at preschool. McKinley LOVES preschool and her teacher. She was so excited to wear a costume to school.

Then on Friday our ward playgroup had another Halloween party. All the kids dressed up in costumes and we had a little parade and passed out treats.

By Halloween day McKinley already had a stash of candy, but thats what Halloween is for right...helping dentists afford next years cruise. :O) On Halloween night we had pizza movie night and watched Monsters vs Aliens. I LOVE pizza movie night, and so does Annabelle now that she gets to sit at the big girl table.

Afterward we went to our ward trunk-or-treat. This was our first time at one of theses and I was amazed that we went through as much candy as we did. We bought 4 HUGE bags of candy for Halloween. We went through 2 of them in 20minutes at the trunk-or-treat. Then after 2 hours of trick-or-treaters at our house we finally turned off our lights because we had run out of the rest of our candy. I'm glad we were able to get rid of all of it though, because I definately didn't need that much candy sitting around our house.

I made Annabelle sit in the car at the trunk-or-treat because it was cold and windy. She was totally ticked off about it so I handed her a wrapped candy bar to play with. I should have known something was up by how quiet she was the whole way home. When we got home we noticed she was covered in chocolate. She used the few teeth she has to puncture a hole in the wrapper and then sucked all the chocolate out. Apparently all girls find bliss through chocolate. She was so content, it was like the chocolate sedated her. I've decided I'm stashing one in the glove compartment for the next time we have an unpleasant 5 hour drive to Idaho.
I hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween, and that you are all enjoying your diabetic comas as much as us. Our countdown is on for Disney World now. Only 12 more days, YEAH!!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Ya, a similar thing happened with Landon when we gave him a wrapped piece of licorce to occupy him for awhile. He managed to gum it open without any teeth at all. He was a happy camper!

Chelsea said...

Cute kids!!! Have fun at Disney!! I'm so excited for you. I can't wait until Cade is old enough to take him.