The Maxfield Family
Established April 24, 2004

Monday, March 2, 2009

My Baby is Growing Up!


I can't believe our cute little Anna"Baby" is 2 months old. It goes by way to fast. She is such a sweet little baby. She doesn't have the luxury of being an only child like McKinley was for a few years. Sometimes I feel guilty that Annabelle doesn't get as much one on one attention as McKinley did at this age, but my sweet little baby patiently waits her turn for my attention. I love my moments with Annabelle. She has such a beautiful smile and she lights up when I talk to her.

I feel so blessed to have 2 sweet little girls. Part of me gets sad when I think about how fast Annabelle is growing up, but then I look at McKinley and it reminds of how much fun each different stage/age is. I can't wait to watch Annabelle grow up, and to have those same memories and moments with her.
Since I had Annabelle I feel like I start all of my posts with "The past week has been crazy." I keep wondering if thats ever going to change. McKinley has really stepped up as a big sister since Annabelle arrived. She is such a good helper.

We have less than 6 months left until Brett is done with his Anesthesia program, and we are definately counting down the days. Brett will be gone for the next 2 weeks and then he starts his 6 week open heart rotation, which is very intense. Basically I am going to be husbandless for the next few months. My parents are coming out in 2 weeks for Annabelles blessing and then me and the girls are flying back with them. I'm excited to visit my family and let them meet Annabelle.

6 comments:

Dan and Jen said...

You're girls are so flippin' cute! When are you coming to Idaho and we'll make a trip up to see you girls?!

Kraus said...

Hey let us know when you are here! We will head that way. We can't wait to see the girls!

Nancy said...

Little girls are sugar and spice and, well, everything!
We would love to have you keep up on our family, but we prefer if you don't put the link to our blog on your friends list, just follow it on your dashboard. That way less child predators have access to pics of our precious little ones (at least that is how I feel safe keeping it an open blog). Good luck with cardiology Brett, it was a doosy for Josh, and he is only in PA rotations!

Kelly said...

She is getting so big and is so adorable! We can't wait to meet her!

Jack and Erika said...

We didn't know y'all were coming up! We are so excited to see y'all and meet Anna"Baby"! We just can't wait!!

Ashlie n Jonathan said...

You are so wonderful! I love your posts. You are SUCH a good mom and have THE cutest girls. I love Annabelle....oh she is sweet. McKinley is so fun and sweet at the same time. It is definitely bitter sweet how fast it goes by. People say "enjoy every minute" and that is so hard when it seems every week is "crazy." You are doing a great job. If you need anything let me know....I don't remember when exactly you will have company and be gone, so please take me up on the offer for anything during the times you don't have help, company, or a hubby! I am here for you!