A few months ago McKinley got a toy tool set from one of our friends. It is a big craftsman tool bench with tools ranging from chainsaws to power drills. It is such a cute toy and McKinley loves it. Last night we had the missionaries over for dinner. We were upstairs talking to them while McKinley was down playing with her tools. All of a sudden we heard her say "Oh Man! The TV is broken." She came running upstairs to tell her dad that the TV was broken and needed fixed. We told her we'd fix it later and that she should go play. On her way back downstairs we heard her say "Okay it will be twenty dollars". Brett and I laughed at her response. About 5 seconds later we heard her hammering away on the TV. Thank heavens her tools are plastic. Luckily, we were able to stop her before the TV was actually broken.
As I've mentioned, our daughters best friend is her rocking horse Hee Hee... whom she carries around the house with her all day. A few weeks ago we had to go to town and McKinley met me downstairs at the door with Hee Hee in hand. I told her that he wasn't coming with us and she instantly had a melt down. I was thinking of every excuse possible for why he couldn't come with us, but nothing was working. I told her he was to big, that he didn't like cars, that there wasn't a carseat for him, and I even told her that we would have to leave Annabelle if we took Hee Hee; and nothing worked. I knew that if we took him with us in the car once, that we would be taking him everytime... and thats not happening. Finally, I got her to leave her horse by allowing him to pick out a movie to watch while we were gone.
We had to put her horse in the recliner chair, wrap him in a blanket, and actually turn on a movie for him. I couldn't believe I was turning on a movie for a toy horse. Then before we left McKinley gave him a kiss and told him we'd be right back. It was kind of cute, and slightly irritating. It will be very interesting when we go out to Idaho for 2 weeks and our poor little Hee Hee has to stay home. I'm a little nervous about how she is going to cope with it. I guess we'll find out soon. My cute little McKinley sure does keep life interesting. I sure love that girl!

3 comments:
We are excited to see you.call when you have a free day.The boys are on spring break the 23-27th.and me and the boys have no plans,quinton will be in training all week long.
That's awesome. She's such a cute girl. These kids always keep things interesting, that's for sure!
So funny! It's stuff like this that keeps me sane when trying to rationalize with a toddler! I love the humor that they provide on a daily basis. Good luck with the trip to Idaho!
Post a Comment