The Maxfield Family
Established April 24, 2004

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Big Sister


For the past few months I've been very worried about how McKinley would adjust to having a sister. She has been the center of attention in our home for a long time. I was afraid that McKinley wasn't going to like her new sister, but I was wrong. McKinley loves her Anna"Baby". She loves her so much that we really have to watch her when she is around Annabelle. We'll find her trying to pick Annabelle up or laying on her giving her kisses. She loves to give Annabelle kisses and she loves to show Annabelle how she does big girl things.


Today we had one of our friends drop off a baby present for Annabelle. She brought her an activity center. We had McKinley show Annabelle how to use it. McKinley was very excited to help Annabelle use her new toy. (Thanks for the fun present Sue)


We've enjoyed watching McKinley step into her big sister role. Annabelle is so lucky to have such a great big sister.

6 comments:

The Karrens said...

It is so fun so see how the older sibling reacts. I am glad that McKinley is happy and I still can't believe how grown up she is. Congrats on the baby. She is beautiful. We hope you all are doing well.

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness, it makes me feel like I'm going to cry to see your pictures. I have the same worry with Ella and hope she loves being a big sister. Your girls are so beautiful! I hope your feeling good!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your sweet baby! I love seeing the older siblings take on a special roll in the babies life, just don't be too surprised if Annabelle laughs, smiles and plays with McKinly first! :) I hope you are feeling well!

Ashlie n Jonathan said...

SO SO SO darling! Both of your girls are so cute! You are already the best mom of 2, and I am sure McKinley feels EXTRA special now!! How sweet! I love how she calls her "AnnaBaby". Darling! Hope you are doing well!

Maren said...

What a BEAUTIFUL baby!! Congratulations. I can't wait to see her. It looks like McKinley is a wonderful big sister. You guys make cute kids. :) -M

Jack and Erika said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BRETT! sorry, it's a little late over here, but you know how it goes with staying busy! we hope you had a wonderful day!! love yall!

-erika and jack :)