The Maxfield Family
Established April 24, 2004

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas

What a great Christmas! Originally we had hoped to spend Christmas in Idaho with our family this year, but doctors don't let you travel at 40 weeks pregnant. Even though we just had a quiet Christmas here with the 3 of us, it was still wonderful. Since Brett is in school we knew that this was going to be a small Christmas. A few months ago we found this cute kitchen set and shopping cart at an outlet store for McKinley. I have been so excited to give it to her for Christmas. We also got her a little princess tea set and an MP3 player. Even though we were on a much tighter budget this year, I think she got more for christmas this year than any other. She loved all of her presents. She has been cooking us food and having tea parties with us non-stop since Christmas. One of her favorite presents was her high heels that she got from her cousin Mason. She is always wearing them. We can't even get her to take them off to go to bed.

On Christmas Eve we watched the Polar express and then decorated Christmas cookies.

Before we went to bed we let McKinley open a present. She got some new princess pajamas, and she was very excited about them until we said that she could wear them to bed. She put her pajamas back in the box and tried to re-wrap them. Apparently she wasn't ready for bed yet. Once we explained that Santa wouldn't come until she was asleep she was willing to put on her new pajamas.

I think this was my favorite Christmas yet. Mainly because we got to spend the day together as a family, but also because I loved watching McKinley's face light up as she opened her presents. Kids sure do make Christmas fun. This year McKinley finally was old enough to understand what was going on, and she was so excited for Christmas. MP3 player-$10. Seeing the excitement on McKinley's face when she heard it playing her favorite disney songs- Priceless!

Some other exciting news is that I hit my due date today. My baby countdown is on zero. However, it would be more exciting if I actually had a baby. My doctor has been telling me the baby would come "Any Day Now" for weeks. She also told me that she didn't think I would make it to my due date. Well, I guess I proved her wrong. So does that mean the jokes on her or me? I'm scheduled to be induced on Tuesday. So one way or the other the baby will be here by then. Bretts parents are flying in tomorrow, so they will be here to help for the next week. It will be nice to have someone here to take care of McKinley while I'm in the hospital. We'll let everyone know when the baby comes. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.

4 comments:

C.B. said...

Merry Christmas!! I hope your little girl comes soon. I want to see pictures of her.

Holly said...

How fun! I just want to freeze time because Christmas is so much fun at this age! :) Glad you guys had a great day!

Kelly said...

Kids do make Christmas so much fun. Riley got a walkman headseat that played all Dora songs. She was so excited. Good luck with the induction, we can't wait to meet her!

Jessica said...

Oh, we had the best Christmas yet too. These kids are so much fun and so cute! Can't wait to hear about the baby!!