The Maxfield Family
Established April 24, 2004

Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Countdown

I can't believe that Christmas is a week and a half away. This is going to be an extra special Christmas for us. This Wednesday Brett's little brother Tom is coming home from his mission. We are so excited because Brett's parents and his little brother are going to come out and visit us the week after Christmas. We can't wait to see Tom! My due date is also sneaking up on us. Last week when I saw the doctor she told me that the baby could come any time now. I hit my 38 week mark yesterday, which is how far along I was when I had McKinley. However, I have a feeling this baby is going to hang in there until the end. Whether or not we have a new addition to our family yet Christmas is going to be great. Mainly because Brett actually has that day off, but also because McKinley has hit that age where she is really excited about Christmas. Every morning when we wake up McKinley will turn on the Christmas tree lights. If we leave the house, even just for a few minutes, she comes home and runs over to the Christmas tree and gives it a hug. Then she tells it how much she missed it.


On Friday night we had our Ward Christmas Party. It was a lot of fun, and we had a special visit from Santa Clause. McKinley was so excited when we told her that we were going to see Santa, but I thought she would be to afraid to sit on his lap. I was wrong. It was fun to watch her face light up when Santa walked into the room.



In the last week McKinley has become addicted to the movie the "Polar Express". She wants to watch it all the time, and when she isn't watching it she is walking around the house singing the hot chocolate song. On Saturday when we told her that we were going to ride the polar express she was so excited. We went with some of our friends to Crossroads Village. It was a lot of fun. While we were waiting for our turn on the train we walked around the village and visited Santa Clause and we saw a real reindeer.




It was such a fun night. Thanks for letting us tag along with you Hinds family, that made it even more fun.



This last picture is for my mom. She keeps asking for me to take a picture of myself while I'm as big as a barn. So here is a picture of me at 38 weeks.

I hope everyone is enjoying this Christmas season. What a wonderful time of year.

7 comments:

Holly said...

You have the cutest family! Looks like your December has been eventful and filled with fun! :)

C.B. said...

You are such a cute pregnant girl! It looks like you are having a good December.

Jessica said...

You look SOO good! I've been asked at least twice if I"m having twins and yesterday I got asked if it was twins or triplets. I am so huge and uncomfortable, this last 5 1/2 weeks isn't going by fast enough for me now. :) Hope you are doing well. Can't wait to see some pictures of the new babe!

The Karrens said...

Looks like you guys are having fun. I can't believe that Tom is already coming home. Time has flown by. Merry Christmas!

Kelly said...

It's so fun once your kids get to an age where they are excited for Christmas. It's actually more fun as parents I think then for the kids!!Well, you look good. I'm getting big too, I'm much bigger than I usually am, weird. Stay tuned for the big annoucement on Christmas Day! Have a great Christmas! (We mailed off Mason's gift for McKinley the other day. He had her for the cousin gift exchange.)

Jack and Erika said...

Awwh, it looks like y'all are having so much fun!! We're getting ready to go to the airport and wish y'all were here, but Jack will give Thomas a big hug from y'all! We love y'all and Merry Christmas!

Ashlie n Jonathan said...

You are SOOOO pretty even as a "barn"! Ha! Sounds like SO much magical fun lately!! We are loving Polar Express too! We should have a hot cocoa party and watch it one day! Enjoy your family, and remember to call if you need ANYTHING! PS. Jonathan liked the Birthday party for Jesus idea so much we are going to implement it somehow!