The Maxfield Family
Established April 24, 2004

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My Little Trouble Maker


I don't know how many other moms have had one of those days where you feel like your child is plotting against you. One of those days where you can't get a mess cleaned up before your cute little child has created another one. Monday just happened to be one of those days for me. And of course these days only occur while daddy is gone. Then as soon as Dad walks into the house they turn into Daddy's little angel and your husband can't figure out why you are so frustrated. Monday had been a down hill slide that kept getting worse as the day went on. During dinner I got to clean the kitchen floor twice. Once it was a glass of applejuice and 15 minutes later it was something that looked a lot like apple juice, oh.. but it wasn't. I cleaned up McKinley and was in the process of cleaning the "not" apple juice when I started wondering how she was conspiring against me at that very moment. I knew that when I went upstairs I was going to find another mess. Sure enough, I reached the top of the stairs just in time to watch McKinley finish applying lipstick to her eyebrows. At first I was frustrated. GREAT, another mess. After a few seconds I couldn't help but smile. She looked so cute with lipstick all over face, and she was so proud of herself. Instead of getting upset I got the camera. As you'll notice from the picture she thinks she is pretty dang cute, and I'd have to agree. I loved in conferenc when President Monson talked about how our kids dirty fingerprints will fade and then we will miss them. Its time to "Enjoy the Journey". Monday was a perfect reminder for me. I sure love my little "Trouble Maker", even when she is conspiring against me. :)

4 comments:

Jessica said...

oh she's so cute! I just love those days :) What a good mom to remember the reminder by President Monson. It's so true too!

How are you feeling? Only a few more weeks for you guys! Are you all ready?

The Karrens said...

I am impressed that you stayed so calm. I would not have been so nice. I did enjoy President Monson's talk. Thanks for the reminder to appreciate our kids and their messes.

Melissa said...

Aw, I have days like that all the time. I am glad you smiled through it though!

Dan and Jen said...

We were so happy to get to see you guys! McKinley is such a funny little kid. Hopefully we will get to see you again before the Disney adventure!