The Maxfield Family
Established April 24, 2004

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Big 5!


Our McKinley bug turned 5 years old this month. Its crazy to think I have a 5 year old, and even crazier to think she has only been part of our life for that long because I can't imagine life without her.
This year we did something kind of different for her birthday. Her past 2 birthday parties have been very girly princess parties, but this one definitely wasn't girly. This year Kinley wanted to have a "How to Train Your Dragon" party. Although most of her friends were girls and we gave out viking helmets, inflatable swords, and shields for party favors, it still looked like everyone had a good time.

The thing Kinley was most looking forward to was celebrating her birthday at school. On the day of your birthday at her Montessori you get to bring in a big poster with pictures of yourself to show the class. They also get to bring in a treat to share with the class and they have a special song sung to them.

A couple of months ago we hired a friend to come paint the girls room. We decided we weren't ready for Kinley to move to a downstairs bedroom yet, so we wanted to do something really fun for a room the girls could share once the baby comes.
This picture doesn't do the room or mural justice, so you'll just have to take my word for it when I say that their room turned out adorable. We got the girls new beds, bedding and a cute chandelier. I couldn't be happier with their new bedroom, and the girls love it which is the most important part.
Now I would love to show pictures of a finished nursery, but the nursery is not yet finished. We did get it all painted, and I love the color we chose, but we're still waiting for our baby furniture. Hopefully it will be here before the baby. I hate not having the nursery finished this close to my due date, but I know the baby won't care...just the obsessive mommy is freaking out.
We have 4 weeks to go before the baby is supposed to be here, and I have to say this has been my most difficult pregnancy yet. I can't wait to get our little guy here for many reasons, but mainly because I can't wait to meet him.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Happy Birthday! The big 5... it's hard to think our babies will be headed to kindergarten this year!:(
The room is GORGEOUS! How fun!!! My Brooklyn would LOVE that! I think the How to train your dragon party looked like a ball! I mean how many princess parties can we throw right?! :)