The Maxfield Family
Established April 24, 2004

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I Love Christmas!


I know I say this every year, but Christmas is sooo much more fun with little kids. The thing that I get the most excited about is seeing the girls faces when they see what Santa brought them. I LOVE IT! We've been dealing with some stress about Brett's job lately, but it didn't stop us from having a wonderful Christmas this year.
On Christmas Eve we had our friend Katie over to celebrate with us. Her husband was out on alert, and there was no way we were going to let her be alone on Christmas. On Christmas Eve we have a smorgasboard of food and watch Christmas movies; its a Maxfield tradition that we've adopted. Afterward we decorated Christmas cookies and read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" and "The Nativity". We always open one present on Christmas Eve. This year we all got Hoodies, which are seriously one of my favorite things. The girls also really loved the cute presents that Katie brought them.



I really appreciated that McKinley let us sleep until 8am on Christmas Day. When she woke us up she told us that she saw Santa going up the chimney...what an imagination!!! The girls, like always, recieved a lot of wonderful presents. Santa did not disappoint!



That evening Bretts parents came up to visit, and it was fun having them come. After dinner we had a Birthday Party for Jesus. McKinley was so excited to help me make the Birthday cake. We had a great weekend with the Maxfields, even though everyone was sick. The Maxfields brought us so many fun presents that it felt like we were having Christmas all over again. We appreciated them making the drive to come see us, even though they weren't all feeling well. My parents are coming up to visit for New Years and I can't wait. It sure is nice living closer to family, especially during the holiday season.
I hope everyone had a Wonderful and safe Christmas!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Looks like a fun Christmas. Annabelle is getting so big. I agree Christmas is soooo much funner with kids!! Hope you guys have a Happy New Year!!