The Maxfield Family
Established April 24, 2004

Monday, October 5, 2009

Conference Weekend

I love conference weekend, and not just because I get to enjoy church from the comfort of my own home in my pajamas...it is a nice perk though. After conference I feel like I'm on a spiritual high, and I really want to be a better person. Unfortunately by monday I've usually allowed myself to once again become consumed by my everyday life. I think I need conference once a month.
This past weekend we had our friends the Higbee's come out from Michigan. They were here interviewing at the hospital Brett just got hired at. It was soooo much fun having them here. During the day while the boys were at the hospital Maren and I got to do some shopping. It was so nice to have someone to hang out with. We've only been here a couple of weeks, so I really haven't made any friends yet. They brought their cute little son Isaac out with them and we were able to have him at our house while they were at there dinner meetings. He is sooo stinkin' cute, and the most polite little 1yr old I've ever met.
While they were out here we took them to Big Spings. Its a fun park that has a really huge spring that bubbles out of the ground and flows into the Missouri (I guess thats why they call it big springs). There is also a fish hatchery right next to it where you can feed the trout. These fish are huge. They looked pregnant, but I think they are just over fed.

On Saturday night we drove the Higbee's down to Helena. It is a really pretty little city and the drive is beautiful. While we were in Helena we ate at a restaraunt called the Staggering Ox. Apparently it was rated one of the top 20 places to eat by Maxim magazine, which actually made us kind of nervous about whether it was family appropriate. It was a fun little place to eat. They had the strangest sandwiches I'd ever seen. They hollow out these bread tubes and stick the meat, cheese, and toppings down inside.

Then you get to choose a sauce from their list, and they had some original choices. The food was pretty good and the company was great. The best part was that they let us eat in their private conference room, so we didn't have to feel guilty about our kids being disruptive.

Family Update
Annabelle has been growing up so fast. She has gotten really quick with her crawling and can even crawl up the stairs. She pulls herself up on furniture and will cruise around the room. We originally thought Annabelle was going to be our easy, mellow child; but we were very wrong. I have never seen so much attitude packed into such a small body. She definately lets us know whats on her mind. Its funny because she is such a petite little girl, but she has an attitude that is far beyond her years. I can't wait until she is a teenager.

McKinley is loving school and would go every day if we would let her. When she is at home all she wants to do is carry around her kittens. I'm amazed those cats don't run when they see her, but they will actually cry at the door for her to come out.
Brett was finally able to start working last week and he really likes all of the people he works with. It was really nice having him home for so long, but it has been a blessing to have him start working.
We are going to Idaho this weekend to see family and so that Brett can go horseback riding into Harriman park. Hope everyone had a great conference weekend, inspite of the "yucky" weather.

2 comments:

Maren said...

We had so much fun with you guys. Thanks so much for spending so much time with me Melissa, and for watching Isaac for us!!!! You are such GOOD friends. Dan has one more interview next week, and then I think we will be working on a decision. I cant wit to just know...

Maren said...

Isaac climbed up on my lap and is looking at your blog with a BIG grin!!! He's missin' ya!