The Maxfield Family
Established April 24, 2004

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Great Falls here we come!

About a week and a half ago Annabelle and I flew out to Great Falls, Montana to see the area. Brett had gone out a few weeks earlier to interview and had been offered the job. My sweet husband said he wouldn't accept the job until I'd seen and approved of the area. So the hospital offered to fly me out. The week before our family flew out to Washington where Brett was interviewing for another job. Washington has always been my favorite place to visit, so I went into that one with high hopes. In the end we have both felt very strongly that Montana is where we are supposed to be. Its crazy because I never pictured myself living in Montana, but I feel very good about our decision to relocate there. We are very excited about the great job and can't wait to get out there. We've spent a lot of time online looking at houses and will spend some more time looking when we go out to visit in July.

This past weekend we had some extra kids staying with us. There is this really sweet family in our ward and there mom and dad were going out of town for a wedding, so there 2 daughters came and stayed with us for a few days. McKinley loved having the girls stay with us. She kept saying that they were her best friends. While they were here we tried to do some fun things with them. On Saturday we went to the zoo in Lansing.



The zoo was a lot of fun. That evening when we got home we had a BBQ with some of our friends and then we roasted marshmellows in our firepit.


Yesterday when Brett came home from work he a had a beautiful bouquet of flowers for me. Why did he bring me flowers?...Well, thats what I was wondering too. Nope its not my birthday, our Anniversary, and he isn't in the doghouse for anything. My sweet husband brought me home flowers to tell me that he loves me and he appreciates all that I do. What a Sweetheart! I think thats the very best reason to get flowers.

Brett got home really early yesterday so we decided to take the kids to chucky cheese for lunch to celebrate having our daddy home, and to use all of our coupons before we move. This was Annabelles first time at Chucky's.



We went early enough in the day that we were the only ones there. It was a lot of fun. I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family. The time that we get to spend together is priceless.

To end this post I am going to share some more fun McKinley Moments. I love hearing what goofy things come out of this little girls mouth.

*McKinley had her toys spread throughout the entire house, and I'd been telling her all day that she needed to pick them up. I was downstairs in the living room and McKinley came down the stairs with her toy camera. This camera is a little wooden camera that she likes to pretend she is taking pictures with. She pretends it has a viewing screen on the back like my digital camera does. So after she has taken a picture (pretend) she will turn her camera around and pretend she is showing it to me. When she came down the stairs I told her she needed to turn back around and go right back upstairs to clean up her toys. She pretended to take a picture of me and then turned her camera around and said "Mom look, its your angry face."

*Yesterday McKinley brought me one of her toys and asked me to fix it. I said to McKinley "Whats the magic word?" She looked at me with a confused expression and said "Uhhm, Bippoly, Boppily, Boo?" Brett and I both started laughing. It wasn't what I was looking for, but it was a magic word. What a cute little goof ball.

4 comments:

Kraus said...

We like the idea of you guys being closer. We could definately do a montana vacation! Good luck finding a house!

Holly said...

Congratulations... I hear it's beautiful there! At least you are in driving distance of home toO! :) Hooray!

Shannon Johnston said...

Congrats!!! I am so excited you guys are going to be closer. I can't believe how fast the time has passed. I bet your families are thrilled.

Kraus said...

Please call us when you are in the area, Quinotn works wed-sat and has sun-tues off, so we might be able to work something out. We are going camping with the Kraus family the week after(Kade, Kody, Mom & Dad and everyone). hope you have fun and we can get together.