The Maxfield Family
Established April 24, 2004

Monday, June 30, 2008

We're adding 7 to our family!


Saturday afternoon my neighbor came over to tell me she found 7 baby ducks in the miidle of the road in our neighborhood. We put them on the lawn and waited for their mother to show up, but she didn't. We called multiple shelters and wildlife preserves and they all told us the same thing. They told us to just leave them alone and that most likely they would get eaten, but thats life. We didn't like that answer so me and Brett have now become the parents of 7 baby ducks.

3 comments:

C.B. said...

About a 2 months ago I saved a baby duck from the middle of the road. For a bit I thought I would have to have a pet duck. Luckily we found it's family. Duck parents are so irresponsible.

Jack and Erika said...

The ducks are adorable! And I can't believe how much hair McKinley has now! We miss yall! We didn't know y'all have a blog, we do too!

Holly said...

Hi Melissa!! How are you doing? I just found your blog off of Jessica's. You have such a cute little family!! How fuN! Hope you don't mind me checking back to see what you are up to!

Holly (Bodily)