The Maxfield Family
Established April 24, 2004

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Update Time

Finding time to Blog has become impossible since we added child number 3. I feel like I'm always running a million different directions. I've decided I'm once again way overdue on updating everyone on what our family has been up to, plus I'm procrastinating packing for our trip so here we go:

McKinley
Mckinley started back up at private school in September. We'd planned on switching her to public school this year but couldn't. She's made such great progress at the montessori she's going to that we hated pulling her out. She's loving being able to read and write, and she's always making me cards or writing/illustrating stories for me. McKinley is doing ballet again and is very excited about performing in the Nutcracker. She's also taking piano lessons and will be having her first recital next month. Poor kid has been super busy with school and her extra activities. Whenever she's got down time she likes to play with her sister. Her and Annabelle have become such cute little buddies... I love it!


Annabelle

Annabelle also started school in September. We hadn't planned on starting her so young but she was struggling having her sister gone all day. Our neighbor does a little preschool for a couple hours a week and was willing to include Annabelle. Its been a great way for her to get out of the house and socialize with other kids during the week. Annabelle also has been taking gymnastics and is doing really well. She's the youngest kid in her class but picks up on things so quickly. I'm always blown away at how much natural talent Annabelle has, she is good at whatever she tries... Lucky Kid!



Gavin
Gavin is still the cutest little boy ever. At 5 months he started scooting around and was into everything. He realized that the wood floors were slick and learned how to slither across them very quickly, but then would crawl when he was in the carpeted rooms. Now he crawls everywhere and is starting to pull himself up on things...freaks me out. He also had his first 2 teeth come in at 5 months, but since then the teething has been unproductive. He likes to play with his sisters most of the time. Annabelle seems to be his best frenemy, either she's making him laugh or she's making him cry. Last week we had Gav in the hospital with croup, poor little guy has been really sick for the past few weeks. He's finally starting to get healthy and we're excited to take him to Disney World for the first time.
Brett has been really busy at work and is looking forward to a vacation, and we're looking forward to having some fun time with our daddy. I've been really busy juggling 3 kids, school, dance, gymnastics, and everything else we've got our kids involved in. It will be nice to get away from school/work/home for a little while and just enjoy being together as a family. And of course the best place to do that is Disney World, by the time we've spent 2 weeks there I'm sure we'll all be ready to get back to our crazy, busy lives.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

You have a busy little family indeed! It is always scary and fun when we realize that our little people are turning into big little people and can do so much! I am so touch and go with catching up on your family that I have forgotten which part of the world you have settled in...was it Rigby? (oh, I could get in trouble for that one ...;))