The Maxfield Family
Established April 24, 2004

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Baby Update


Almost 2 months ago we were blessed with the most perfect little boy. I've done a terrible job updating everyone on our new addition, but a lot has happened in our family. Gavin and I both had some complications during the delivery but we recovered quickly and were able to go home after a few days. Within 48 hours of being home I became really sick and was re-admitted to the hospital. I had an infection in my uterus and they had to take me back in for another operation. I was in the hospital for about a week and a half. Then I went home with an IV in and was on antibiotics and other medications for another 2 weeks. Its been a long slow recovery, and every time I felt like I was getting better I would start getting sick again. I'm finally starting to feel a lot better and I'm on, what I hope is, my last round of antibiotics...knock on wood!
In spite of all of the problems we are loving having our little GavMan, and we're just so grateful that at least he is healthy. He is such a sweet and patient little baby, which is nice because we constantly find little Annabelle laying on top of him. His sisters are both crazy about their new brother, but Annabelle is definitely the most hands on ;0)
We finally got some pictures of our little guy and his 2 cute sisters, so enjoy the photo album that follows.









I'm sorry about all the sideways pictures, apparently I'm still not quite smart enough to use our computer...GRRRR!

3 comments:

valerie said...

Love all the pictures!! Very pretty dresses too!

Kelly said...

Such cute pictures! I love the one where he is smiling. Precious! Glad you are both finally feeling better.

Jack and Erika said...

Love all the pictures! I need to be better at updating my blog now that we're so far away, but keep the pictures coming so we can see little Gavin growing!