The other reason I've been MIA is that, drum roll.... I'm 13 weekspregnant and first trimesters hate me.
Now I'm going to catch you up on everything that has happened in the past few months.We had a big family reunion in California the first week of August. It was fun but a good reminder of why we'll never live in a big city, no matter how fun the beach is. While we were there we spent a day at Disneyland.
I've now realized that Disneyland and Disney world are completely different. We've only ever been to Disney world so we found Disneyland to be kind of a disappointment.
We also spent a couple of days at the beach. I think our girls had way more fun in the sand then in the water, and once we got back to the hotel we realized Annabelle had somehow smuggled a bucket load back with her. We also took some family pics while we were at the beach, and these were just a few of the ones I really liked.
I think our girls favorite part of the trip was visiting the Long Beach Aquarium. The were able to pet little sharks and stingrays. McKinley was also really excited about the jelly fish she was able to touch.
When we got back from California McKinley took swim lessons up at Green Canyon.
She was the youngest one there and still one of the best in her class. Our little girl was a fish in another life. Unfortunately, swim lessons were cut short because our cute little girl had to have her tonsils out.
Miserable doesn't even come close to describing the week that followed her surgery.
A week after her surgery she started school at Snake River Montessori.
I can't believe my baby is in school, she's growing up too fast.
For months McKinley has been asking to have her ears pierced. After months of explaining to her how much it was going to hurt and how much responsibility it required to keep them clean, we finally decided to let her get her ears pierced for school. When we went to have her ears pierced they only had one gun. After the first ear she started crying and me and the lady doing the piercing were worried she'd be going home with only one earring, but she sat there bravely for the next ear and didn't even cry. I think the first one just surprised her. McKinley is loving having her ears pierced and although I was worried she's still kind of young, she does look really cute with earrings.
I can't believe summer is over, but I'm excited to start back into some more normal routines. Hope everyone had a wonderful summer, especially since it looks like the nice weather is once again leaving us.
P.S- For any of you out there that have apple computers please tell me what the secret is to updating your blog in less then 2 hours while still keeping all of the hair in your head.

6 comments:
Congratulations on the pregnancy! I understand about Disneyland. if you expect disney world it can be disappointing, but if you realize before hand what it is, then it is still a magical place!
Congrats on the pregnancy! As for updating your blog with an apple, what is taking forever? Loading pictures or something else? I haven't had any problems with blogger unless my internet was acting up, or blogger was having problems.
Yay for number 3. Wow what gorgeous girls you have. Mckinley looks so big in the last photo.
Congrats on #3. It's a whole new world. Glad you've had a good summer.
Congratulations, Melissa! Looks like we're due about a day apart. :)
The Apple computer shouldn't be the problem; they rock. :D I agree with Megs, though, about the problem with blogger or Internet.
CONGRATULATIONS on the pregnancy (and the mac, we love ours)! I cant wait to hear what you are having. A boy would be exciting, but you guys are excellent at creating beautiful girls. The pictures in this post are the perfect example. Your girls are lovely. I am sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well though. Hopefully you'll start feeling better soon though, if you aren't already.
Post a Comment